Dependable Residential Locksmith
Improve the security of your home with locksmith services from a licensed residential locksmith at A.C.R Lock & Key, based in Prosper. The locksmith professionals at our company offer a variety of locksmith services to meet your needs.
Reliable Residential Locksmith Services
Locked out and looking for a locksmith near me? Our locksmith will get you back into your home in no time. In addition, we sell and install some of the best deadbolts, door locks and handle sets on the market. From installation to servicing your locks our locksmith professionals will make sure that your home is safe and secure. We also offer and service a variety of safes from gun safes to fire safes. Whether you're wanting to purchase a new safe or have lost your key or combination to a safe that you currently own, our professional locksmith can get that taken care of for you.
Different Types Of Door Locks
- An interior lock used inside the home in hallways or closets between rooms where privacy is not important.
- Has two, non-locking knobs, one on each side of the door. Some models use levers instead of knobs.
- An interior lock.
- Designed for privacy rather than for security.
- Has a locking button on the inside knob but no key device on the outside knob.
- Can be either a knob or lever.
- In an emergency, the lock can be opened from the outside by inserting a narrow object through the small hole in the outside knob and either depressing or turning the locking mechanism inside, depending on the type of lock.
- Used only for decoration or applications that do not need a latch.
- Has no latching mechanism and does not turn.
- Two door knobs that can be locked from both the inside and the outside.
- One type locks from the inside by turning or depressing a small button, while a key must unlock the outside knob.
- Some models must be locked with a key on both the inside and outside.
- In other models, only the inside knob can lock or unlock both sides of the set.
- A medium security entrance door lock.
- Called "dead" because there are no springs to operate the bolt. It is only operated manually with a key or a thumb turn from the inside.
- The bolt locks the door to the frame and helps prevent someone from prying it open.
- The throw is the length the bolt is extended from the lock housing. The industry standard is a 1" throw.
- Locks are designed to fit specific size hole and backsets. Backset refers to the distance between the edge of the door and the center of the handle.
- A single cylinder deadbolt is operated with a key from the outside and with a turn button on the inside. It is mostly used with solid metal or wood doors.
- A double cylinder deadbolt is operated with a key on both the inside and outside. It is best used on a door with glass in or around them as the style prevents someone from breaking the glass, reaching in and unlocking the door.
- Provides maximum security on a door.
- Squarish in shape and mounted on the surface of the inside of the door.
- The bolt may be turned with a key or a turn knob.
- Instead of sliding into the door frame, the bolt slides into a surface-mounted strike.
- Consists of a flat, rectangular box that fits into a recess in the door from its edge. Also includes two faceplates that include the knobs and keyholes.
- Available in right or left handed styles.
- Has a pin tumbler locking mechanism in a cylinder.
- Latch operates from either side except when the outside knob is locked.
- Deadbolt operates by a turn of the inside knob.
- A key from the outside operates both the deadbolt and the latchbolt.
- Used in many types of doors, from heavy entrance doors to commercial buildings and residential doors.
- Installed on the inside surface of the door.
- Has an automatic locking feature. The large, spring loaded latch automatically locks whenever the door is closed.
- For light security and usually used in combination with another lock.
- For advanced home security and convenience.
- Audio and visual indicators confirm that the lock is activated.
- Some model will sound an alarm after the incorrect code has been entered more than three consecutive times.
- Anti-theft rolling code feature ensures the same code is never used twice.
- Some systems are compatible with some garage door openers so the homeowner only needs one remote.
- Usually an entry set that combines a lockset with a deadbolt, the deadbolt is located just above the knob or handle. Can be done in a one or two piece unit.
- Available in both single and double cylinder deadbolts. Styles of locksets also will vary widely.
Home Fire Safes
Front Door Locks
Double Cylinder Deadbolt
Sliding Glass Door Lock
Safe Combination Change
Contact us in Prosper TX, to keep your home protected with services from a licensed residential locksmith.
Plano, Frisco, Prosper, Allen, Richardson, Murphy,Wylie, Carrollton,Dallas, McKinney, Lewisville, Irving, Coppell