Here are some tips from A.C.R Lock & Key locksmith professionals to help prevent break-in:
- Lock your doors and windows -- This seems like an obvious step, but it is surprising how many people forget to do this when leaving the house. Always do a quick walk through when you are getting ready to leave. It can be the deciding factor on whether or not a thief goes in or stays out.
- Hide valuables -- Make sure all valuable items in your house are not visible from the street. If you have no option but to have it here, close the blinds for that room so it is not visible from the outside.
- Install double key deadbolts -- It has been said that more than 34% of all thieves come right in through the front door. So it is best to have double key deadbolt locks installed on all entry points of the house.
- Secure patio doors -- Most patio doors are made completely of glass, so thieves are less likely to break in through these since they create more noise and attention. So if they are not able to open it, they won't try and get in that way. Have a lock specifically designed for patio doors installed.
- Do not advertise -- With all of the different social media sites out there now, you cannot help but to tell everyone on the internet everything that you are doing every second of the day. However, when you do this, it gives thieves the opportunity to know when you are and when you are not home.
Take every precaution you can to protect your valuables and prevent break-ins. If you have any additional questions or are in need of advise on any locks or safes, give A.C.R Lock & Key locksmith professionals a call at (972) 673-0000.